Monday 26 June 2017

Teenager Arrested Following Pride Death Threats



A 19 year old man from Cumbria has been arrested following online threats to kill people at a Pride event with a machete.

The young man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was arrested by Cumbria Police after posting threatening messages on a Facebook page for a Cumbria Pride event that was being held at the New Empire pub.

'I'm going to walk in with a fucking machete and slaughter every one of the gay bastards.' He wrote on the events post, along with a photograph of the weapon he had purchased.

'I've had enough. I don't want to live in a gay world and I sure as hell don't want my children living in one. What happened to our traditional qualities? They're fucking ruined.

'I don't care if I die, I'm fighting for what I believe in and that's the future of my country, my folk and my race.'


The manager of the New Empire pub told the press that they did consider cancelling the event, however, after discussions with attendees and staff decided to go forward with the plans.

'We asked customers in the pub if they wanted to stay or leave and they all said no. We felt safe as armed police were parked outside. We had lots of phone calls and massages of support but obviously, some people stayed away.' They told news outlet Pink News.

'We are very proud to support the LGBT community and will not be deterred by any of this.'

The man was arrested shortly before the event, with Cumbria Police Superintendent Mark Pannone releasing a statement to reassure the public and the attendees of the event.

'I can confirm that following further inquiries it was determined that it would be appropriate for the investigation to be led by the North West Counter Terrorism Unit. We will support them, as required, with their ongoing investigation.

'Public safety is our absolute priority which was why we acted quickly last night to protect the community, and arrested a 19-year-old man from Barrow.

'I can reassure the community that we have robust procedures in place to respond to reports of of serious activity and we will continue to work closely with our local communities to help keep Cumbria safe.

'Over the last few weeks we have increased patrols in our neighborhoods and at local events to prioritise the safety of the public and would ask people to continue to be alert and report any suspicious activity to the police.

'There is no place for hate crime in Cumbria, it will not be tolerated.'


Go to Amy's Blog

1 comment:

  1. You got a problem with LGBT persons? Well then you come to my house and my husband and I will put a hurting on you like you never had before.

    ReplyDelete