Wednesday 4 November 2015

Theatre Company Casts Trans Actor In Cis Role


Boulder based LOCAL Theatre Company is scheduled to present the world premier of James McLindon's dark comedy 'Faith', a story about the religious fanaticism of a thirteen year old boy called Simon.  The company has cast transgender actor Em Grosland in the lead role.

Grosland will play the role of Simon, the son of 'an apostate mother who is desperately seeking a vision in the parking lot of a Walmart'.

Em Grosland commented on their website, 'I identify as transgender, although I am interested in playing roles all across the gender spectrum, I actively seek out transgender, and genderqueer roles as well as cis-gender male roles.'

'I have been pleasantly surprised and encouraged by the open-minded and supportive people of our artistic community.  I want my career and my work as an artist to challenge the rigid gender roles of our society and this art form.'

'Faith' opens on November 20th at the Dairy Centre for the Arts and will run through to December 6th.

Amy.
xx


Follow Amy on Twitter
Join Amy on Facebook
Join Her Fans on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment